Sunday, December 11, 2011

What I'm Reading Now: 4 reasons pigeon pose makes you cry - Y is for Yogini


I just revisited this blog today and wanted to share with everyone what I am RE-reading! 4 reasons pigeon pose makes you cry - Y is for Yogini

It is amazing how we learn... well, I suppose I have to clarify that it is how I learn! Sometimes it seems that I make leaps and bounds and learn something new everyday. My brain can't contain it all, can't absorb it and I struggle to convey all that has made its way into my consciousness. At other times it seems that I am not keyed into what is out there for me. Maybe I am, just on a very subconscious level and it where all that I have absorbed is then integrated into me.

SO hips... they are a constant source of interest in class. We complain of tight hips and strain to release what we feel we need to. Pigeon, also knows as Eka Pada Rajakapotasana, is awesome and amazing, although not appropriate for all of us in the most common form. However, if you CAN ease into a pigeon it is amazing what it does for body and mind. I love how the layers of trying begin to melt away as I ease into the pose and feel the hip opening, and the muscles and fascia releasing. Mmmm, good! At times, what is also amazing is how the emotions start bubbling to the surface.

On that note, click on the link from Y is for Yogini, read her posting and let me know what you think!

Namaste...

2 comments: