Sunday, December 12, 2010

Top 10 Reasons to Practice Yoga - #9

Oh, this reason is almost a cheater but here it is:

9. That Yoga Glow... AKA Yoga Bliss...

The feeling that comes over me as I practice yoga and stays with me for a long time afterward. I can see it on my face, in my eyes and feel it in my heart. Looking at others in classes I attend or classes I teach, I know I am not alone in that feeling. That is one reason we keep coming back. I love the feeling I get when a wonderful piece of music starts to play and I feel my body moving into and out of the poses and a lightness of being overtakes me. The strength and grace and fullness of heart as I alternately hold and flow through the poses... THAT is one darn good reason, if I do say so myself!

(listening to Sade's "Flow" and the song "When Your Mind's Made Up" from the movie "Once")

No comments:

Post a Comment