Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Top 10 Reasons to Practice Yoga - #5

Reading some of my online newsletters I came up with the next in the line of Top 10:

5. Clarity

I have been reading Deepak Chopra's Rules for Timeless Living on Oprah.com. He wrote one bit that resonated with me not for the obvious reason but I'll explain that after giving you the bit to read...

“I'm reminded of a therapist I know who gets patients whose lives seem out of control. He surprises them by saying, "Go home and clean your house. Make your bed every morning. Watch the sunrise for five minutes. Don't skip breakfast for a week. Watch the sunset for five minutes when you get home from work. Then come back and we'll discuss what's bothering you." He wants to see if they are capable of solving the simple disorderliness in someones awareness before addressing deeper psychological issues. Even a basic change can subtly re-tune the body.”

So in that vein, I thought of yoga, how we adjust, and re-tune our minds and our bodies as we practice and if we are lucky, that amazing bit of clarity and focus returns to us. We take the time as we practice yoga to listen to our bodies, listen to our minds, tune into the world around us...

Namaste.... the light in me honours the light in you.

No comments:

Post a Comment