Monday, November 29, 2010

Great reads....

While cruising by some of the blogs that I read, I came upon this website and I love the content: The Magazine of Yoga. This will definitely be a new resource.

I was reading a posting (an interview with Linda-Sama Karl, whose blog I love) that resonated with me, especially the part about SLOWING down a yoga practice. This is so true: slowing down is far more of a challenge than constantly moving and flowing. There is a time and a place for both practices but at times, slowing down and just BEING is what we need in this time of constant MOVEMENT. Especially when we are always so connected to our various devices: computer, phone, etc... And I get caught up in that web as well.

And this next one was delivered to my e-mail inbox this morning and it, too, resonated with me! The Daily Downward Dog's posting about the holiday season is a must read. She talks about using the "Messages of Light" cards (on my Wish List) by Mario Duguay. The following quote was on one of the cards and I will be shamelessly adopting this mantra, which is important at any time of the year and in any situation:

"Attain Serenity

I no longer let myself be swept into the turmoil of my mind and emotions.

From now on I let go of all stress, tension, and worry so I may attain harmony and serenity.

I will do one thing at a time and savor each moment. "

Namaste and thanks for dropping by...

No comments:

Post a Comment