Wednesday, February 2, 2011

What I'm Reading: 5 Things I Wish I Had Known About Yoga As A Beginner | Yoga Blog

LOVE, LOVE this posting.

5 Things I Wish I Had Known About Yoga As A Beginner Top Five Tuesdays Yoga Blog Yoga Journal

And I love reading all the comments as well. I also posted a comment which I'll add below. I think it is important that we all take the time to reconnect to the beginner's mind. Perhaps not all the way there for me, as there were just so many things that made yoga a challenge both physically and mentally. But to have the attitude of openness and a willingness to experiment. I love the definition of Beginner's Mind, which in the Zen tradition is called Shoshin. Click and read to learn more. I especially like this quote from Zen Mind, Beginner's Mind:

"In the beginner's mind there are many possibilities, in the expert's mind there are few."

Here's what I posted as a comment to the 5 Things blog posting:

"Wow, I have so many things that I wish I'd known... BUT then it wouldn't have been such a personal journey. I think I would have missed some of the most valuable lessons I have learned.

That being said... I wish I'd known HOW to listen better, to allow the process to begin. And to just not be so impatient... and to know that forgiving myself was not a sign of weakness but a sign of love.

I so love reading everyone's posts. Thanks! It helps me as I teach beginners a lot and I need to remind myself that we are all beginners... "

SO, with that, I will remind myself to embrace the Beginner's Mind in all that I do. Well, I'll try, that's for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment