Sunday, March 13, 2011

Japan...


My thoughts & heart are with all the people in Japan and those with family and friends in Japan... not just those directly affected by the earthquake, tsunami and nuclear reactor problems but all of the country. As an aside, as a country, we have SO much to learn from how Japan has always prepared for earthquakes, tsunamis and other natural disasters. Wow.

In Friday's nooner class I asked everyone to take a moment to think of the disasters and to send positive energy towards them. I know that sounds cuckoo to some people but I truly believe in sending it out there....

BTW, as Buddhism is a major religion in Japan, I found this Buddhist prayer from Clarissa Pinkola Estes written for Japan and thought I'd post an excerpt:

May all those in Japan be comforted. May all be found. May all the injured be helped. May all the frightened be calmed. May all our brothers and sisters know spirit has wings, and we are with them all with true love.

No comments:

Post a Comment