Tuesday, March 29, 2011

What I'm Reading Now... LOTS!


Some days are just more fruitful than others. Some days we give and receive just what is needed and other days... welllllll. You know. I don't always get the chance to read the many blogs that I subscribe to and they can pile up. But this morning I kept looking through and there were just so many that grabbed my attention.


(photo courtesy of NYTimes.com)


The one from Yoga Journal's Yoga Buzz blog especially. This wonderful Buddhist loving kindness prayer is quoted and I plan on making it a part of my ritual:


May you be safe and protected from harm. May you be happy with peace in your heart. May you be healthy, able, and strong. May you go easy through sunshine or storm. The one by Elena Brower in Mindful Smack also stood out... Make it your task to SEE THE GOOD!


The one from Yoga Journal is about changing your world or at least your experience of it by changing the words that you speak... and perhaps the ones that you don't.


And finally the one from NYTimes made me realize that old(er) age brings with it it's unique set of problems but sometimes some of the same problems that can plague us at any age: eating disorders. Our society focuses so much on being thin that we sometimes lose sight of the perfection of the imperfection of our bodies.


So pour yourself a cuppa, grab a comfy seat and read on:










Namaste my cyber yogi-friends and Happy Reading. Let it percolate and maybe let me know what you think...;)


No comments:

Post a Comment